All the Kids

All the Kids

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter

Happy Easter!  I hope all of you have had a wonderful day.  It has been a different kind of Easter for us.  Last Easter, I absorbed everything, wondering if it would be my last Easter.  This Easter, I absorbed everything, wondering how Sasha and Vitalik would enjoy our future Easters.  Will they understand the significance of the holiday?  As I watched Jocelyn, Ellie Grace, and yes, even Carlie hunting eggs in our back yard, I thought of how different next Easter will be with two boys out there too.   Will they enjoy dying and hunting eggs?  I wondered throughout the day how they celebrate Easter in their orphanage.  I wondered if they had someone to tell them that they love them today.  Or someone to tell them that God loves them.   Or even someone just to hug them.  It makes me want to go now.  I am not a patient person!  It is a bittersweet experience, enjoying your children's joy in the celebration yet grieving for the children who are not with us yet.  Sasha and Vitalik are never far from our thoughts and prayers.

We have finalized a path for those who want to contribute to our adoption in a tax-deductible way.  If you are interested in donating to our adoption, you can mail a check to:

Share the Hope
P.O. Box 85
French Camp, MS  39745

You just need to write in the memo section that it is for the adoption fund(not our personal fund). Then let us know that you have sent a check so we can let the board members know to be on the look out for it and to apply it to our personal fund.  This organization is run by volunteers so we need to make it as easy for them as possible!

We have been so blessed with people contributing things and money to help cover our adoption costs.  When we started this process, we were not sure how it would all work out, but it is, slowly but surely.  Thanks to all of you for your support and praise God!  We are getting closer!  What a wonderful Easter!!!

No comments: