All the Kids

All the Kids

Saturday, July 20, 2013

New Perspective

My four girls who are living at home for now all left on a vacation with my parents yesterday.  Then Collin left town for the weekend.  Leaving me with time.  Lots of time.  First I cleaned the house....and no one is dirtying it behind me!  Then I sat down and started reading a book that has been in my pile of books to read for a couple of weeks.  It is called The Grace Effect.  I am only about half way through it but it has convicted me of my bad attitude I had the last time I posted.  Sure these changes that the CDC have enacted are inconvenient, but that is all they are.  Compared to the struggles of others, they are nothing.  Already, since we found out about these changes, people are stepping forward with generous contributions to help cover our extended stay.  People are stepping forward and offering to help with Jocelyn and Ellie.  My mom and my sister, who has her own kids and a job, have offered to help with them.  And some friends have even offered to keep them for us the entire 8 weeks.  We are overwhelmed with the help we are getting and have absolutely no right to complain!  God has paved the way so far when we saw no way with our limited sight, and we know He will continue paving the way.  Perhaps there is a reason we need to be in Ukraine for 4 months....regardless we are now looking forward to it and will make the best of it.  And to those of you who have offered to help with the girls - we promise to spread them around so maybe it is not too much on any one person!

One of our friends makes these really cute frames and has donated some for us to sell as an additional fundraiser to help pay for this unexpected turn of events.  If you are interested, let me know and we can set up a time for you to come by and see them.  They are very unique and a great way to display your pictures.










They all hold 4 x 6" pictures and are super cute.  Really, my pictures do not do them justice.

As always, please continue to pray for Sasha and Vitalik.  Such precious boys.

No comments: