All the Kids

All the Kids

Sunday, March 16, 2014

A Whole New World

Dr. Karyn Purvis says, "Kids can not give back to you what has not what has not been poured into them."  We are finding this to be so very true this past week.  We have accepted a foster care placement that is stretching us like nothing else.  It is heart wrenching.  Truly Benjamin, who is from a 2nd world country, adjusted more easily than these kids who are from the United States.  I think so many people are in a fantasy world and think that kids in the U.S. have it made.  They do not.  From first hand experience.  I can not put it more simply.  There is no welfare system that can make it ok not to have a family system in place.  These kids NEED family.

Benjamin has been incredible this past week.  He is showing compassion and patience beyond his years.  And Jocelyn and Ellie are being stretched.  They are all going through something completely new to them.

Caroline, our 19 year old bio daughter,  has been home this past week and she has been on mission trips to Honduras and Peru and has helped in numerous other ways for those less fortunate  Even she says nothing compares to this past week.  Really, we are in the trenches on this one.

We (we being Scott and me and our biological children) have laughed that people often think we are this prim and proper family, haha.  If those people could only see us now.  It is a whole new world.  Taking totally not prim and proper to a whole new level.  If you know us, and you see us coming, you might want to walk the other way.  Really.

We have so many people to thank.  And absolutely no time for thank you cards!  Please forgive us.  So many meals brought to us, so many groceries brought to us, so many friends just willing to talk to me to help me maintain my sanity!  And bunk beds ordered for the kids from Ukraine!  And clothes and diapers and on and on.  We are so blessed by the number of people who care for the least of these.  These kids will forever be impacted by the love of people who follow Christ's commands.  One of them said, "I never knew you could just order food and have it delivered!"  That is you.  People who care.

I have to be vague right now but if you could keep our foster kiddos and us in your prayers, we would be ever so grateful.

Really.  "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him, shall not perish, but have everlasting life."  John 3:16

I have no pictures for this post, because really, who has time to take picture with 8 kiddos?!

1 comment:

Betty Hammett said...

April, I am glad that I saw Rebecca Phelps' FB post asking for prayers for your family. I had lost touch with you. You certainly have my prayers and I hope I can find another way to help you while you are all so stretched. God Bless You!!