All the Kids

All the Kids

Friday, September 19, 2014

Time for a Name Change

Perhaps you noticed that I have changed the name of our blog.  Our old title was outdated and no longer applicable.  So moving forward, you can find us at thislittleblogofmine127.blogspot.com.  I plan to continue blogging about our ever-changing family, books I am reading, orphan care, adoption, fostering, and our new venture.

Scott and I have a passion for orphan care and we feel like it is a God-given passion for both of us.  We are always asking Him, "What next?"  David Platt says we should give our lives to God as a blank check.  And that is what we try to do.  It has taken us in many different directions; fostering, adoption, church ministry, community ministry, advocating for orphans and foster children, etc.  It is all for His glory.  All because we have prayed to break our hearts for what breaks His.  We have done things we would have never dreamed of on our own.  Gone to uncomfortable places and gone through uncomfortable things.  And we have never been more fulfilled or happier.  We feel like we are living in God's will for our lives.

Now we feel like the 'next' thing has been laid on our hearts.  It seems like a small thing to many but it is something that makes me feel very awkward, nervous, uncomfortable, you name it.  I love making jewelry.  I hate selling it.  I hate marketing it/myself.  It leaves me feeling vulnerable like nothing else I have done.  I did it to raise funds for our adoption last year because it was necessary.  But I have felt for some time now that God is leading me to make jewelry as a way to raise money for orphan care.  So that is what I am doing.  I am busy designing, making, setting up the new Etsy shop, Instagram account, changing the name of the blog, and connecting all of these social media (thanks Ali for all the help!)  The proceeds will go to families in the process of adoption and to organizations involved in orphan care and orphan prevention/family preservation.  We are stepping into the world of business (yuck!) and hoping and praying that God blesses our obedience and effort for the sole purpose of allowing us to do more to further His kingdom.

So if you will, check out our instagram account, @leastofthese127, follow it, and share it.  (I am planning a promotional give-away soon!)  The more exposure it gets, the better.  The new etsy shop is called Lot127.  I am adding things daily to both of these.  And please, keep it in mind as you start your Christmas shopping!  Help us make a small ripple in the world of caring for vulnerable children.











1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is so awesome April! Will be praying for you and your adventure.

Tina