All the Kids

All the Kids

Friday, October 11, 2013

Hardest Post Yet

I have been dreading writing this post and had hoped to get to a point where I could do it without tears.  But that is not going to happen any time soon and I feel like so many of you have supported and prayed us through this process and deserve to know what is going on.  As I think I have mentioned before, children in Ukraine get to say yes or no to an adoption.  Vitalik decided he did not want to be a part of our family.  He will not be coming home with us.  He is a precious child but for various reasons, does not want us to be his parents.  So we will be coming home with Sasha, one child instead of two.  We did check into one other boy we have met since being here, but he is not yet available for international adoption.  By that point, we were too emotionally spent to pursue anything further.  Sasha is precious too and we are very happy that he wants to come with us, but at the same time, we are very sad about Vitalik.  We will continue to pray for him and his future and will continue to love him.  I am still visiting with him every day and since the official decision, he is much more at ease with me and allowing me to really get to know him better.  I am trusting that God can use all of this heart ache for His good.  It is hard to see how that is possible right now in this moment but that is where faith has to come into play.


Please keep Vitalik in your prayers.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love you, April & Scott! My family will continue to pray for your growing family, and especially for Vitalik. Thank you for being so open and sharing your journey with us. Gwen Hardin

Anonymous said...

Oh April, I am so sorry for this. You are so right God has a plan. Continuing to pray for you guys as I know how tough this road is.

Tina