All the Kids

All the Kids

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

So today we have had a great day.  We all went to church this morning and had a great Father's Day sermon and great Sunday School.  Then we came home and had a great lunch with my parents and all but 2 of our kiddos.  We had a good afternoon just visiting and hanging out and a good evening being outside and enjoying God's creation.  But all day, S and V were heavily on my mind.  Hoping and praying this is the last year they are fatherless on Father's Day.  I wondered how foster kids, kids in group homes, kids in orphanages feel on Father's Day.  What a tough day that must be.  And my heart hurts for them.  Scott is such a great dad to our kids.  My dad has always been there for me.  What would it be like to not have that in one's life?  What a hole, a gap, a missing part that would exist.  Yet there are kids everywhere who live like that - with noone to help lead them through life - noone to protect them and provide for them - noone to love them.  Kids who are just waiting for a man to step forward and say, "I will be your father."    It is just heartbreaking.  S and V....we are coming.  And hopefully, next year, you can understand why we celebrate Father's Day and the love their Heavenly Father has for you.

Our Father who is in heaven, Hallowed be Your name.  Matthew 6:9

No comments: