All the Kids

All the Kids

Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas, 2013

It is so hard to find time to sit down and blog since we have gotten home!  Right now we have 10 of us living in the house so there is always something going on around here.  Today, however, I am sitting and waiting, all on my own, just me and my computer so I thought I would take this chance to catch up on how we are doing.
Christmas was so much fun for all of us this year.  It was Benjamin's first Christmas in the United States, his first visit from Santa, his first time to wake up in anticipation of celebrating Christ's birth with his very own family.  He certainly did not understand everything but I hope it laid the groundwork for our future Christmas seasons.  We woke up early and opened gifts which all the kids really enjoyed.  Then we went to Vicksburg to celebrate with our family.  It was the first visit to my parents' house for Benjamin and his first chance to spend time with my entire side of the family at once.  He seemed to go with the flow and had a great time.  The cousins (9 younger ones including Carlie) all played outside and ran in the woods and just enjoyed each other.  We could not have asked for a better extended family visit for Benjamin.  Jocelyn and Ellie Grace, as always, had a great time!









Benjamin continues to do well.  The language barrier does cause some confusion and mis-communications but we are working through those.  He loves having all the kids home and having fun stuff going on around the house.  They will start trickling back to school at the end of the week and we are praying that will not be too hard on him to see them go.  God has truly blessed our family.

No comments: