All the Kids

All the Kids

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Adopted

I got a letter (yes, pen to paper, snail mail!) this week from one of our bigs in Arkansas and with her permission, am copying part of it here.  I thought it was so sweet and touching and I wanted to share.

"Adoption is something that is very close to my heart.  Partly because adoption has added to and enhanced our family so much, and partly because I have been adopted into God's family through grace. Through foster care and adoption I have come to see a clearer picture of what it means to be adopted by God.  God adopted me into His family knowing that I have flaws and that I will never be the perfect child while I am still on Earth.  He loves me anyway, and still wants me to be His, knowing full well my many flaws and short comings.  I am so grateful that He loves me even though I do not always return that love and I often turn away from Him.  He always welcomes me back, because He loves me not for what I can do for Him, but just because I am His."

I love my big kids so very much and am so very proud of the people they are becoming.  I do not know why God has graced us so much but I am so very grateful!


No comments: